Aria Resort and Casino is located on 3730 Las Vegas Boulevard, making it one of The Strip establishments. Opened in 2009, Aria is a part of the CityCenter complex and owned by MGM Resorts International and Infinity World Development.
Aria Resort and Casino as housed in two curved glass and steel highrise towers adjoined at the center. The building is 600 ft tall, making it the tallest building at CityCenter. One tower is 61 stories and the other one is 51 stories. A casino and a three-story lobby is found at the base, featuring a lot of natural elements such as foliage, flowers, wood and stone. The water feature Lumia is located in the main entrance, where it entertains visitors by syncing its burst of water to music. The lobby is filled with works of art, including the 87 ft reclaimed silver sculpture suspended behind the hotel registration desk. This sculpture was inspired by the Colorado River.
There is no overarching theme for Aria Resort and Casino. The name Aria is a reference to arias in operas. Just like the aria is a focal point in an opera, Aria Resort and Casino is the central feature of the CityCenter complex.
There is over 4,000 hotel rooms and suites at Aria Resort and Casino. The smallest rooms are 520 sq ft, while the standard suites range from 1,050 sq ft to 2,060 sq ft.
The extra luxurious of the suites are the Sky Suites, which are accessed via a private entrance and elevator.
Aria Resorts and Casino has smart energy saving rooms that automatically adjust curtains, turn of unused lights when you leave the room, regulate temperature, etc.
There is 150,000 sq ft of gambling space at Aria Resort and Casino and the game assortment includes table games, gambling machines, race & sportsbook and poker room. Unlike many other casinos, the Aria Casino has windows to the outside along the edges of the casino floor. There are also sky lights that lets natural light into the high-limit area during the day.
Examples of other attractions
- Zarkana is a Cirque du Soleil stage production. It has been a permanent show at Aria Resort and Casino since 2012 in a theater that sits 1,800 spectators.
- Cirque du Soleils’s Gold Lounge has a bar shaped just like the bar in Graceland.
- Restaurants such as Julian Serrano (tapas), Jean Georges (steakhouse), BARMASA (modern Japanese), Sage (contemporary United States), and Lemonsgrass (first Thai restaurant on The Strip). In total, there are well over a dozen restaurants at Aria Resort and Casino.
- 10 bars and nightclubs
- 215,000 sq ft pool area with 50 cabanas
- 80,000 sq ft salon and spa covering two floors, with a coed balcony overlooking the outdoor infinity-edge pool
- Large pool surrounded by tropical landscaping, several smaller pools and 34 cabanas.
- 300,000 sq ft convention center with four ballrooms, three theatrical stages and a three-story 400ft long window overlooking the pool
The site where Aria Resort and Casino now sits used to be occupied by the Boardwalk Hotel and Casino, retail stores and a large parking lot.
Aria Resort and Casino opened in December 2009, i.e. in the same month as several other CityCenter properties, including the The Crystals shopping complex.